- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Post a quote for 3 consecutive days (1 quote for each day).
- Nominate three new bloggers each day.
- Thank you to Laura Beth at Hot Shot Headlines for tagging me!
- See below!
- I’m not nominating anyone, today or otherwise, but feel free to do this tag if you so choose!
This quotation comes from a BRILLIANT article that President Barack Obama wrote for Glamour about why he’s a feminist, & proudly so. I think this really speaks to the crux of the issue when it comes to gender equality – we start training children, from the moment they’re born, to fit very narrow gender roles that exist only as a cultural construct.
From that stems almost every issues that people face as adults: not fitting into either gender’s constructs, being accused of presenting as too feminine, being accused of presenting as too masculine (although this is an accusation rarely lobbed as male-presenting people), & on & on, ad infinitium e ad nauseam.
I am going to truly miss President Barack Obama when this election cycle ends. I think he acted with the best interests of the people at heart & he was stymied by people who either didn’t like him because he was a Democrat, or didn’t like him because he was African-American. I have to say, I think the latter had a lot to do with it.